Loving someone with integrity is really hard sometimes.
That's what 1 Corinthians 13 is about.

Love is patient...to wait, and allow someone to discover for themselves how to make choices in their own life; and staying by them as they make their own journey of faith.
Love is kind...allowing someone to feel safe with me because they know they can talk through their feelings without being shut down or belittled. The measure of my love is not based on if I approve/disapprove of their personal choices; it gives.
Love always perseveres...standing in the gap for someone else with the faith, prayer and encouragement even though they aren't able to give back with what I may need; but knowing they will someday soon.
1 comment:
I love hearing your thoughts on this. Your kindness is what always comes through.
I am learning more about this subject of love also. It is good to learn how to apply the ideals in scripture . It is a chance to grow as a person. Enlarging our understanding and our hearts.
Post a Comment