9.23.2007


Always room for guests... Paul and I have been debriefing with each other every day this past week. It's because we are adjusting to having our house all to ourselves. In many ways missing the conversation and the day to day routine that included Emily. We realized were in a grieving process. Not a really mopey sad process. More of adjusting to the change of not having Emily here everyday; and that we won't now. It's just one of those normal changes that isn't all bad. We really wanted Em to get out on her own. She's not completely independent yet; but she's a step closer.
Though we miss her, we are also enjoying our independence.
But it is kind of weird to realize that this chapter of our lives is actually happening. Child-rearing (strange word) is over. Wow. It's hard to describe the feeling.

Paul and I looking forward to the future. I'm concentrating a lot on working out 5 days every week to build muscle and strength...I'm not going to focus on losing weight; that will just come. We're both being careful about what we're eating, too. We made a decision to invest in keeping our bodies as healthy as we can at 50 to hopefully prevent complicated health problems later when we're older.

It's definitely a new day for us.

No comments: