
This is my first assignment for my Advanced Packaging class. It took me about a week to complete. It was suppose to be for a restaurant that wanted to focus on the Brooklyn, tough, urban, and Italian male. We couldn't use cliches like the Brooklyn bridge or images of pizza. This establishment has supposed have been in business for 4 generations, so I added my own story to the job criteria matrix. I decided that Lucio's was little a popular place with the locals and the neon sign was like a Brooklyn landmark. So I made the sign the logo, and my instructor liked that idea.
I still had to resubmit my work after changing my logo over to one color, and re-3ding my pizza box. This is fine, because it gave me more practice and turning a flat object into a 3-d image.
My Instructor also requires us to write an essay with our submission, noting from a list she gave us, which designers inspired us and why. Also, we are suppose to glean books, magazines and research at different stores (such as Sephora) to report back what we learned from our observations.
So, this class will be involved. But at the same time, I'm going to be able to impress all my friends and family when I see a Wesson bottle and say, 'Saul Bass designed that! The same guy who designed lots of Alfred Hitchcock's movie posters'.
See, isn't that just fascinating?
3 comments:
Good Looking artwork. Fascinating? I don't know.
I finally know why I should vote if I can get Momio to cooperate.
Nicely done Sissy.
What's a Wesson bottle. That's weird that the guy who designs for food products used to design movie posters.
I think your design looks brooklyny and masculin. good job. the 3-d thing is cool too.
Post a Comment