
Here's a warning up front with how I will blog: with random thoughts. No time for editing. Just thoughts jumping right out there.
If I had been raised in a remote jungle all my life and hadn't been taught by society that age defines a person, I wouldn't even be declaring here that I'm close to 50.
I mean, look at all the ads. And they say things like: "I bet you can't guess how old I am?" Like it's something that's to be hid or a weakness. I know I'm caught up in it too. I'm glad I don't look 50...like anybody actually knows what 50 looks like.
If we lined up 10 women who drank and smoked all there life who were 50 and then 10 of women like me that never smokes or drinks we'd probabaly see a difference. Smoking really does age a person's skin. Hard liquor probably does too because it would pickle your insides. I'm just saying that life experiences and choices (and genetics sometimes) are important elements in how we age ourselves.
I mean, look at all the ads. And they say things like: "I bet you can't guess how old I am?" Like it's something that's to be hid or a weakness. I know I'm caught up in it too. I'm glad I don't look 50...like anybody actually knows what 50 looks like.
If we lined up 10 women who drank and smoked all there life who were 50 and then 10 of women like me that never smokes or drinks we'd probabaly see a difference. Smoking really does age a person's skin. Hard liquor probably does too because it would pickle your insides. I'm just saying that life experiences and choices (and genetics sometimes) are important elements in how we age ourselves.
Beauty is important. I have to admit that. I admire beauty in everything else; I guess what I look like should be included in that. *I just figured that out while I was writing this. How about that?
I guess the bottom line here is me living with how I feel about myself in this (to me) very eventful birthday coming up in a couple months. I have to start processing it now in order to flow gracefully into it. Ha.
I guess the bottom line here is me living with how I feel about myself in this (to me) very eventful birthday coming up in a couple months. I have to start processing it now in order to flow gracefully into it. Ha.
7 comments:
I like it.
You look fabulous, dahling!!! We need to do something fun for your birthday, like a girls' night:)
Geri:
Actually, I'm doing an "Em" thing and already planning out some kind of fabulous party!
It's even more ridiculous down here...so many women smoke and go to tanning booths, and then you see them out at the bars wearing tiny little tops and think, wow, that is someone that looks AGED. Not old, not graceful, but one that appears stuck in a place that they can't quite reach back to. It's very sad, actually.
I like the look of your blog, and really like the persimmons. They look very Andy Worholish. I wonder what you're planning for your partay. It's funny that you're planning your own party because I was thinking of planning something for myself this year also.
Nah, you're not almost 50. You're only like 21.
Post a Comment