8.15.2011

Nurture, Faith and Love


I’m a Mat Kearney fan and I have a little side story.
Years ago when Mat was a young teen, his Mom did a workshop for Children’s Pastors that I attended.  She ended it by passionately reading a poem that had quite a lot of depth to it. She then explained it was her son, Mat, that had written it. It was really good.
She shared that Mat had some challenges that some in the academic world would want to label him in a certain way. She and her husband, however, were seeing a strong gift of lyric writing and music developing in him that they were going to focus on and nurture. They were showing him that the way God built him was good. They didn’t want his ‘challenges’ to defeat him.  I walked away from that workshop impressed and also inspired to nurture my kids in the same way.

When I first heard Mat on the radio I had this special sense of happiness for Mat and his Mom and Dad. He did it! And nurture, faith and love is what paved the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.