5.16.2007

The last few days have taken me lots of directions.

BUT FIRST! A promo for Paul's wonderful skill in making our backyard beautiful. Tomorrow is suppose to be 80, so I know we will be enjoying it.













Okay, back to all the different directions I've been taking...
Friday: Drove up to Quincy, WA (hour from Wenatchee) for Paul's nephew's wedding rehearsal and dinner. Tom and Sarah planned everything to be at the Cave B Inn and vineyard. They provided everything for us. We had a beautiful room, and a wonderful view of the Columbia Gorge.. Best rehearsal dinner EVER. It was fancy schmatzy.
Paul has been doing (mostly) long-distance marriage counseling with Tom and Sarah. It's great to be a part of a couple's lives as they prepare for marriage.

Saturday: Wedding Day. Paul and I spent the morning walking around on the vineyard paths, reading as we looked
at our view. Lydia and Josh came for the wedding too, and Tom and Sara provided everything for them as well. But a great time they had. They were totally blessed with having such a beautiful spot to spend a day and a half.

Sunday: Drove into Wentachee to have breakfast with Paul's sister and family, Paul's folks and brothers John, Steve and his wife Heidi.
We left about noon to drive over to Puyallup. We would be going to Uncle Babe's Memorial Service. He was Paul's uncle. A wonderful man. We will miss him.
Monday: Memorial Service and then the drive home.
Tuesday: Take Em to the Mall. Shop and scoot over to her Dr. appointment. Get home and scurry over to Hall Elementary to teach my cartooning class. Go home and crash on my office bed. Get a phone call that my Mom is seriously ill in the hospital.
Wednesday: Take Em on errands and then take her out to the airport. She's in Nevada now for two weeks. Drive out to Tualatin to spend the rest of the day with Mom. She's having serious upper G.I. problems and having scary and extremely disturbing symptoms...but I don't want to describe them. She's really weak, and anxious to hear the results of all the tests being done.
At about 6 p.m. I started back home but had an urge to stop at Ross and just "look". I was completely tired but also felt like I wanted to do something outside of just going home since Paul wouldn't be there til about 9:30 p.m. I actually think all the emotional stress for the days past were wanting to work out in a little spending spree.
I found two shirts that I liked on clearance for $3.50 ea. and a very bright red and orange summer dress for 7.99.

That takes me to the end of this day. I'm up too late, but just really need to finish this up. Dad and Mom came over after the Mt. Hood track meet. I'm glad they came to stay overnight. I really like that.

Tomorrow? Another visit with Mom, only with Paul coming also. A Western B-B-Que in the evening for our leaders at the church.
In the middle of it all? I hold on to contentment, and will ask for God's peace before I even get up. Through all these past days, I know God's goodness.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. Good colors and design besides the information you convey. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Post more.