5.15.2007

Oh, my goodness...
I'm trying to squeeze in a little blog time here before I go teach my cartooning class at Hall Elementary. I have 15 minutes.

It might take me 15 minutes just to gather my thoughts.
Just wanted you to know I didn't fall off the face of the earth.

Until I can write about deeper subjects that I did want to write, here goes
Random Thoughts for May 15th...

1. I just read, 'Brave girls don't change the world.' by Lynne Hybels. Very good and very quick read.

2. Em is being really talkative because she's on her vicodin and predisone. I suspect she'll crash here pretty soon when the back pain starts to get more intense again.

3. Em is not able to work, drive, pick up stuff. She does what she can to help, but she's pretty restricted. She's taking predisone to take down the inflammation. Then she will have an MRI if the pain is still present. There's a good possibility she has a herniated disc.

4. Sometimes, God bless her, Emily can be very needy when she's hurting. She likes people to be around when she hurts. So...I've been spending a lot of time with her. We've had some good conversations. I've spent too much time watching T.V.
But it's just for a season.

5. How can my house get so dusty? I dust, and 'poof' it's dusty again. I hate dust.

6. We are going to have a bumper crop of cherries this year. Does any one know how to keep the birds away from cherries?

Gotta go. It's 2:22. I'll be back later.


2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Did you two watch the last Gilmore together?

I can understand Em being talkative and needy when she's in pain...my Vicodin made me loopy and chatty, also, and remember when we hurt we just want our mommies. At least you were there to comfort her! My mommy and daddy just had to hear my pain over the phone.

Julie Ann Duris said...

You're right. I'm glad she's been at home. Even though it's tough for her to be here and not on her own, she has both her Mom and Dad to help her out.