3.20.2007

I have a homework assignment that is taking an eternity to finish...well, it seems that way.
  1. Assignment: 2 Concert posters to express type as the active part of the image...make the type work on emotions and moods. Remember Stucture/Pattern with Feelings/Mood. Choose two songs and use the melodies (not the lyrics) to design the poster with type. Type is be like musical notes or paint on a brush.
    Wrap your head around that.

  2. I jumped into it. Chose Josh Groban to compare to Earth, Wind and Fire...since we had to choose artists on different ends of the music spectrum. This will be challenging and fun.
  3. My first poster took like...a week-end. I was hyper-focusing or something. I couldn't make up my mind what effects, colors, filters and font to use. I played with it A LOT. But I think it looks quite good, nevertheless. I hopefully learned a lesson about spending too much time playing with every feature of Illustrator while trying to complete an assignment.
  4. Sunday and Monday I created this awesome looking type design that looked like the inside of a kaleidescope for my Earth,Wind and Fire poster. I found special retro looking type that I downloaded for the project. I worked really hard at keeping focused and centered in. Seven hours later I was finished. Not seven consecutive hours but in-between coming and going to church, grocery shopping, care-group meeting, talk sessions with Emily, and watching a video. (Just so you know I don't sit in front of the computer for 7 hours straight.)
  5. Tuesday Night I go to save my project again as a web file and Illustrator pops up this horrible message that tells me I have a corrupt font with some kind of end code that makes it all weird. I click okay and my file opens to see absolutely NOTHING in my file. No layers, no nuthin'. White.

  6. Calmly, and with incredible self-control I quickly check to see if I can open my file in any other program. Of course, it's not going to because it's an .ai file, because I never saved it as a .pdf also. Keeping my composure, I check again, and again and again. Then, with great gusto I delete the offending font files hoping that will then open my file.

  7. Wednesday. I'm writing my blog instead of doing my homework. I have a March 29th end date for 2 more lessons and assignments after this one. Yes, I can do it. By golly, if I can get my act together, I'll not have to ask for an extension.


No comments: