![]() |
| copyright 2011 Julie Ann Duris |
So I'm wondering if I should concentrate on developing this whole hand-lettering thing into more than a hobby.
I have lots of ideas of what I could create. The alphabet to the left is just one style I enjoy creating.I have collected other hand-lettering artists work for inspiration, but mostly to study it and assure myself that I can do it just as well. Not in comparing to boost my ego but in confidence building knowing I have the same kind of artistic DNA in me as well.
Because I do love being an artist.
It's what God gave me to communicate his virtues. The great stuff of life like generosity, compassion, gentleness and grace.
So how do I do that with hand-lettering? I have ideas. I'll figure it out. I'll be inspired. Not from a colorful bolt of lightening but by just trusting in who God created me to do this work and then doing it.
And at the risk of sounding Disney-esque, working more from my heart and less with my head. It's in my head that I can self-critique, become distracted and talk myself out of even completing a project.
I agree and should probably have a plaque over my desk with this quote from Steven Pressfield, "When something beautiful is trying to come into the world it will face an equal and opposite resistance."
So here I go into this new year with a big assignment to push through the resistance and have beautiful things to display.
I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:
You are so talented Julie and I'm proud to have you as a cousin...can't wait to see what you create in 2013 : )
I love this post! your beautiful truths!
And by the way, all those Disney movies had it right: follow your heart! follow your heart! follow your heart!
Wow...You're talent is awesome. You should really do something bigger with it. :)
Post a Comment