I've been on the ride of my life...
A bumpy, narrow, no guard rails, 'back of the chicken bus' uncomfortable*, it's after midnight with no street lights, gps signal weak, "when are we gonna get there?, I can't hold it much longer!" kind of a trip.
*Never actually ridden at the back of a chicken bus but some of my family members have told me their stories of doing so; so I can imagine what it would be like.
The GOOD NEWS is my doctor says I should be feeling really good by May.
So I am getting closer to my destination.
It's easier to go along for the ride now that the road has lost it's curves and the midnight travels are over...even if we're speeding along at only 25 mph.
![]() |
| Artist: Scott Mulholland/www.scottmulholland.net |
Tremors are gone. I can walk without help. My mind is clear. I don't have MS or pre-Parkinson's like a couple doctors made mention of.
I am just depleted in some pretty important amino acids that drive the function of neurotransmitters in the brain. When every neurotransmitter goes off kilter it throws the sympathetic and para-sympathetic nervous system off. The adrenals buckle and Julie comes tumbling down.
That's the uncomplicated version of the story.
I can fill you in with more details one on one if you're curious to know more.
What is important is I found a doctor that has taken the time to get all of my lab tests together, interview me extensively to get a clear understanding of my medical history and slowly and carefully adds to my treatment plan. He wants to give each stage of treatment 2 weeks to make sure my response isn't a placebo effect but a true improvement in my symptoms.
There have been many, I've been told, that have had serious conversations with God about me. Thank you all. It was my lifeblood to know that kind of action was going on.
I definitely have not walked through this alone.
My Heavenly Father truly intervened.
There have been scriptures that have taken on deeper meaning for me.
This is one of them.
"Because he loves me, says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16
My Heavenly Father truly intervened.
There have been scriptures that have taken on deeper meaning for me.
This is one of them.
"Because he loves me, says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16

5 comments:
I liked the first paragraph especially!
Did you paint that painting?
No,I didn't paint it. I found it on an artist's website.
I agree with Lydia. Great analogy of the road trip. I am so glad that you finally have answers and that you are feeling better each day. I love you, my friend<3
So glad to hear you're on the mend, dear sister.
So glad to hear you're on the mend, dear sister.
Post a Comment