3.05.2010

Accomplishments so far this year:

1. I started a regular habit of walking. For the first week in January that I did this I couldn't get past about 800 steps. Now I average about 3200 per walk.

2. I signed up to walk a half-marathon. However, I now need to do a lot better than an average of 3200 steps per walk.
3. I've been 85% disciplined to stay away from simple carbs, greasy food like potato chips and sugar. I'm going to keep that 15% for food offered when I'm at a party or when I am at someone else's house for a meal.

4. I bought my own domain name. Through the help of both my son-in-laws and Wordpress I am building my own portfolio website.

When I get my website finished I want to use it as a portfolio site. I would like to do vector illustration and sell it to places like istockphoto. I need a website to show I am serious about it and what I can do.
My Illustrator teacher told me to practice, pract
ice, practice. I am noticing I feel more confident about the tools and what to do to put a piece together with the methodical use of the program every day. I really love working with it.
Okay. That's all for now. Hope to follow up with a new blog faster than I have in the past. Can't promise though. I'm already on the computer for work and practice so much, I just don't want to look at it anymore to blog.


No comments: