
Most of the time when I'm working on an art project I don't want anyone to see it until I'm finished. I decided I'd document the process of a painting I'm doing right now. It's a bit tough. It definitely is a work in progress.
This was my first stage of the project...>>>>>>>>
Getting her hand to look proportional, etc; is a good skill stretch.I was on the right track until I decided to mix colors for skin, too late at night and didn't get anything that I really wanted. Again, because it was too late at night, I decided to proceed and experiment anyway.
It doesn't irk me that I need to back up and recreate the face color...actually the angle too. It's part of the challenge; an artistic puzzle to solve.
At this point she has the neck of a horse, that will soon change. I better go buy some more paint.
2 comments:
The white lips freaked me out a little at first...
I love seeing the process. Pretty exciting. Also congrats on finishing your schooling. I am so proud of you. Great job. It's nice to see you are painting.
Pattie
Post a Comment