10.06.2007

Saturday's random thoughts


Today when I was lying on the couch taking a moment to relax I remember how much I use to like eating ->
What a taste treat I use think they were. Sometimes I even spend the extra dime to get the mini meatball variety. I'd sprinkle enough Parmesan cheese on top for a family of four and I was ready to spoil myself.
Wow. Those trashy eatin
g habits have gone to the wayside umpteen years ago-thankfully.
Speaking of trashy foods that used to taste great, one of my all time favorite treats was a hostess lemon pie. You know, the kind thats full of thick, lemon pudding encased in a fried, lardy pie shell encased in sugar icing. Oh, yeah.
Once again, one of those hasn't darken my doorway in umpteen years.

<- By the way, since this is the best image I could find of a lemon pie...without spending too much time at it...and since it has diet 7up in it also I might as well mention that I can't stand drinking diet 7up! That is something that will never change. The taste can't even be disguised with cranberry juice.
BUT
Life does change, doesn't it? I like it that way. There's always new thing
s to learn from others, and from my mistakes and from conversations with those I want to do right by. And I learn from what I read and when I am I am alone with God. Learning is life, isn't it? I'll never be able to arrive as a fully grown 'grown-up'. I wonder where it is I'm suppose to 'arrive'?
Psychologists will tell you that keeping a sense of child-like joy and wonder is healthy-it's sounds sort of like a warm and fuzzy thought that doesn't really fit with the real world. It will does give life balance.
The people I enjoy the most still know how to play, like to laugh, are interested in life beyond themselves and don't take their self so seriously that they can't be silly sometimes.



<---I'm painting with a dead fish.
I was up for it, but decided it was gross.

Paul painting with a fish and having way too much fun.



No comments: