7.01.2007

Humor is a very important part of my life. Not that everyone always catches my sort of dry sense of humor; some of my comments that are meant to make them smile sort of crash and burn. That's okay...as long as I keep my sense of humor about it. Anyway-in accordance with the 'random thoughts of a colorful personality' I am now shifting into random thoughts. I know I am thinking about too many things at the same time and moving too fast to try to complete those things when -I try to get out of my car with my seat belt still buckled. -Catch myself going for my automatic car unlocky thing to unlock the office door. -Spill stuff...anything I eat or drink. -Drip stuff...anything I eat or drink. -Catch my purse strap on a door knob as I'm walking out the door.
Hmmm...I smart enough in my senior years (AARP had the nerve to send me an invitation to join!) I catch this kind of mindset quicker now.

PAUL's birthday was the 25th. He has the perfect day for a birthday. Exactly 6 months from Christmas. Presents are given very evenly...well, except that he has Father's day the week before.

I had a Pirate Breakfast party for him. Our staff
came over with family members. It's the most convenient time for everyone. Pirate toys for name cards around the table ...compliments of Lydi and Josh. I put a note in a bottle with a little treasure chest for a centerpiece. I found some pirate fabric that I made quick place mats out of. Lydia put out the most effort to dress up...she wore an outfit like Kiera Knightley had on in the opening scene of Pirates 3...by the way-that was a really long movie, don't you think? Okay. End of blog. I'm suppose to be getting dressed to go to church.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Huh. I thought those moments were just family characteristics, not signs of aging or being distracted.