But, just get tired of sitting in front of the computer, after doing several hours of homework, especially when it's sunny outside. Yesterday I kept rotating from my school work to outside to pick cherries or blueberries and then do some quickie housework thing, and then back to homework...with a nap in the afternoon. :)
I just started on my Advanced Digital Illustration class. For the life of me I couldn't figure out this part of the instruction. I had some kind of mental block, but finally after coming back to this a few times I got it. I guess I didn't like the illustration I was making either...but funky looking as I thought it was, it was for the purpose of learning how to use my pen tools. I did learn alot, because I make myself delete and back over a step until I can do it without reading the directions.
e. Click and drag (follow the bottom A picture). f. Click and drag again (bottom B). Next is a straight line, so we will click on the anchor point to remove direction line.g. Just click (bottom C).
To me this is just plain funky-lookin'. It's just not my style. It's an illustration for email security. But, I should be nicer about it, since it is the lecture work that's teaching me how to get the basics down to create my own style.I've also been having a problem with not feeling well again. I think it's a combo of things. I tried a generic of my main thyroid med...that wasn't a good choice. I've been having a little difficulty with cloudy thinking lately...a classic symptom of my thyroid hormone being low again. Plus some weight gain and terrible fatigue at times. I can't make through the day without a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I'm waiting to hear back about the blood work I did on Monday. My doctor thought it could be low adrenal function or estrogen levels.
Paul says I'm just a delicate butterfly, and I need to take care of myself that way. Every time I want to jump in with suggestions or concerns about camp coming soon, he tells me it's already being taken care of. He can be very diplomatic. He knows I really can't get too involved. I just have a natural Assistant Director mode I shift into (even though I'm not the assistant director anymore) Those days are over, and for most part that's really okay.
Here's my final assignment with Intro to digital illustration. I took an already created head and had to choose four expression to illustrate.It was lots of fun. My instructor gave me 95/100. This will be a good assignment to look back and compare with how I improve over the next 6 weeks as I practice and learn more.
I want to keep writing, but instead I'll just post again soon. There's really a lot to write about.
Changes are happening for everyone in my family. But I'll tell you more about next time. I should get on with my morning.
2 comments:
Yay, you blogged! I like the faces. And personally I prefer "delicate flower" to "delicate butterfly," but whatever makes you slow down is good.
Nice one. Jeff has told J since he was little that "girls are delicate flowers." Nice that we have men that understand that, yes, sometimes we are delicate flowering butterflies.
Post a Comment