2.22.2011

Getting started again

It's been almost a year since I last posted. Wow.

Reading over my post from last March makes me smile. 2010 was quite a year. The good things first...the victories

1. I  lost 20 pounds. I'd been feeling sad about it for awhile and wishing, wishing, wishing it would be gone. (without much effort on my part) I finally made a decision to do something about it.  Coming home from shopping, I was lugging a 10 pound bag of potatoes into the house and I had an epiphany. "Gosh, it's like I'm lugging around twice this much weight all the time! 
So mid-March last year I did a 7 week diet with Medifast and lost 14 lbs. It never returned. This winter I lost 6 more pounds by just eating lighter.
I even had paparazzi!

2. In May, I finished the 13 mile half-marathon. I hurt like crazy in my hips and thighs by the end. I hold on to a great memory with it though; I accomplished something athletic-like. I've never been into sports or had any aspiration to be an athlete. It was way cool to see myself and sister on the teleprompter walking that last leg on the track at Hayward Field with the announcer saying my name and the crowd cheering (I suspect the crowd cheering was for the runners coming in at the same time having accomplished the complete marathon.) Amy and I holding hands and seeing ahead big smiles on the faces of some of my other family members that had already finished and were waiting to congratulate us. I have to say, I don't need to walk another marathon. Not that I won't...

3. I accomplished getting my website www.juliedurisdesign.com up in September. It took a long time to figure out how to design and build, even though I used Wordpress. It made me starting thinking that maybe I should take a few classes on website design.
These accomplishments have helped me these last few months as I have been in a particularly bad season of illness. When I was discouraged it was good to remember that there was a time not too long ago when I was strong and happy and that in the too distant future I'll be back in that place again.

That's all the follow-up I have for now. Next post coming on this weekend on where I've been and where I'm going.






2 comments:

Lydia said...

What a year full of accomplishments! I like your writing! I'm glad that you'll be blogging again. I'm thinking about posting blogs again too.

Julie Ann Duris said...

It's great to hear that you like my writing. I'll looking forward to reading your blog again too.