This video is kind of like the way I've been, especially for the last month or so. I sort of relate to this little guy.
I have seen myself going backwards in my endurance, stamina and even my ability to think straight. My memory has gotten really bad and I'm so...so sleepy.
Anyway, I had enough of it and didn't want to look forward to just barely being able to leave the house for more than an hour or two.
So after thinking it through, Paul and I decided to bite the bullet on cost and invest in Me. I had my first visit to the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue clinic in Beaverton today. It's part of a group of nationwide clinics started by a research doctor named Jacob Teiteltaum. It's rather pricey but I am going to get excellent treatment. My insurance will only cover the lab tests, but I'm going to send in the pharmacy and other statement just in case.
The two doctors there are experts in this disease. They are also experts in treating the other health issues that connect to Fibro, such as my thyroid problems. I gave a daunting amount of blood, it seemed. 23 vials worth. I'm getting checked over big time. I've already learned that my regular doctor kind of messed me up by taking one of my thyroid medication away. With only medication for my T4 hormone of my thyroid it's getting too high causing my T3 hormone to go backward into a negative (take a breath) which is the kind of hormone similar to the animals that must hibernate. So, know wonder I'm constantly sleepy. Drives me crazy.
My doctor is awesome had has an impressive amount of experience and training. Em went with me which was great. She learned some things too about why she could be having the health problems she's having; and how they actually aren't too difficult to turn around.
I have a lot of medication, supplement type things to take. They thyroid element is only a part of the whole picture. I sleep terrible most times, and they want to get me stabilized there...a hormone issue again...plus my body hurts and I can't get comfortable.
But things are looking up. I definitely think I'm going to get my life back.
1 comment:
Hey Sissy! I love you. I just heard a commerical for a place that has discovered the all natural cure for fibromyalgia. Hmm... I'll let you know if it has anything new that we haven't already heard.
Post a Comment