I'm required to write a report about designers that have inspired me. My Instructor posted a long list of names I didn't recognize.
But now they are becoming very familiar to me. In fact, I'm becoming a hard-core fan of several, who truly did inspire me to jump out of the safety net of what the techniques I know and try something new.
In learning how to design for a certain demographic and understanding that particular culture, I given the assignment of redesigning a CD case and CD for Jars of Clay to now have a new heavy-metal music fan following.
I chose Jars of Clay and then my instructor chose Heavy-Metal.
Here's what I came up with...
This...................>>>>>>
PLUS this................>>>>>>
With fancy letters I scanned from an old book and then some killer photoshop action...and "poof" and about (two days later) and I have my heavy-metal album. I was suppose to have an element of surprise for the viewer.
Also, that sort of beautiful, yet mystery and gloomy look this type of album genre takes on...minus the skulls, pentagrams, glowing eyed creatures and that sort of rubbish that alot of the albums have.
This is the back cover and the actual CD....
2 comments:
I like.
ooh that's really cool. I like how you put the two pictures together.
Post a Comment