"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11: 28-30 The Message Bible
Photo by Josh England
The phrase, 'The unforced rhythms of grace' has really caught hold in my mind. I mean, at first I had to ask myself what this poetic stretch of words actually meant.
Unforced rhythms of grace?
I've put the pieces together like this: Christ wants me to have a relaxed, unhurried gait to describe my life with him.
Religion taken on as the way to please God is a cadence that keeps me focus on a exacting pattern, of steps that need to stay in line and measured. It's trying to be a person others say I am supposed to be in order to receive acceptance from God.
My definition of grace: Loving, caring, respecting others beyond what is humanly possible on my own. Experiencing how Christ can work through me. Seeing that plain ol' me with all my kinks and flaws is worthy of being used by Christ.
This is what my mission in life is. This is who I want to be every day. I need to ask for God's grace to be shown to others every day.
I'm not saying this to get a pat on the back, just to let you know how much this means to me- to see others being loved, influenced, encouraged because of how Jesus works through me is just INCREDIBLE.
2 comments:
I really like that wording.
Amen :)
Way to say it Sissy.
Post a Comment