8.20.2007

My baby shoes created on Illustrator using a photo as a guide I choose the highlights of the shoe that will illustrate the shadow, sheen and color. It's like putting a puzzle together.

I've been pretty focused...

One more homework assignment and an exam and I'm finished with my Advanced Digital Illustration class...I wanted to get it done before my family reunion. Now that I'm down to only 5 hours a week at church...when there's graphics work to be done, it helps me stay more focused on school. I just had to pull out from a 20 hour+ job even though it meant a financial sacrifice. This is partly because the CFO at our church 'suggested' in the Fall I go to 5 hours, due to budget cuts; but it's also timely.

I really have wanted to get involved in some other areas, and truthfully, I'd rather just have Paul be my husband and not my supervisor. It's worked in the past, but that's because my work interests were the same...
now I want to-how do I say this without sounding cliche'? I want to be involved with my artistic interests exclusively. I don't see me employed anywhere; being a freelancer is a better fit for me.

And I know that my graphics training is going to come together with my heart for orphaned, homeless and/or enslaved children. God only knows.

But, right now-onward in finally completing this degree! I have 6 classes left. Each will probably take me 2 weeks to complete IF I take 6 days a week, every morning. I get a momentum going that way. However, I've learned that others things more important can change that schedule. I'll do the best I can at keeping it.

AND I joined Curves, so I am getting exercise and not just sitting on my rear! Yay!



3 comments:

AMY said...

LUUUUhv the shoes. Way cool Sissy. And great job with your school stuff. I'm so proud of you. Let me know what you think about Curves. I've had some friends join, and they have really enjoyed it! Way to go. See you in just a few days!

Anonymous said...

You have such a big heart Julie, God's blessings in your endeavors. It is neat to see you have such a clear vision and such dedication to follow your heart.
Miss seeing you, but am glad you are pusuing your goals.Pattie

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Julie. Those shoes make me a tad nervous. I keep seeing them as if someone were standing in them. . .kind of a painful stance. . .I just keep telling myself, "They're empty, Andy, they're empty. . ."

Actually, ditto Amy's comment. And by the way, Margo has liked Curves.